I’m slightly obsessed with Mounds and Almond Joy this week. I’ve been making tons of coconut, chocolate and almond recipes the last few days.
So far, this one for gluten free Almond Joy Chocolate Bark is my family’s favorite. I like the way the toasted coconut adds a tiny crunch to the bigger crunch of the almonds, all of it enrobed in delicious dark chocolate, of course. Go ahead and try some, see for yourself!
Almond Joy Chocolate Bark
1 ½ cups chocolate drops
½ cup almonds, toasted
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
(toasted at 350° for 6-8 minutes)
- Melt chocolate over very low heat
- Pour chocolate into a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Scatter almonds and 3 tablespoons of coconut over chocolate
- Using a spatula spread the mixture evenly back and forth to ½ inch thickness
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of coconut on top of mixture
- Place bark in fridge for 2 hours to set
- Break into square bars
And just a note for all of you agave-phobes –there is no agave in this recipe. However, they’ll be more on that subject in a forthcoming post. Stay tuned.