I’m on a gluten free cupcake mission, as you can see from the photo above and my other recent posts for Jelly Donut Cupcakes and Coconut Key Lime Cupcakes.
The boys are thrilled when they get home from school and the house looks like its ready for a birthday party. And I’m thrilled to see them with frosting all over their cute little faces.
Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda
- In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, grapeseed oil and agave and then stir in mashed bananas
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop batter one heaping ¼ cup at a time into lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then frost with Whipped Cream Frosting and dust with Chocolate “Dirt”
Makes about 8 cupcakes
I think these light and fluffy gluten free banana cupcakes would also be fabulous with Chocolate Frosting or the Peanut Butter frosting from my book, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook.
If you are in Boulder on May 22nd I will be at the Whole Foods on Pearl Street from 12-2pm for a book signing and tasting event. It should be a blast! Hope to see you there.