Okey dokey, here comes a turkey day fave. I’ve had a lot of requests for a gluten free biscuit lately, especially in my forums. These biscuits are super easy to make and high protein fare to boot. So you just might want to add these to your Thanksgiving menu. Or your Christmas dinner menu. Or a brunch menu. As you can see, they’re quite versatile.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, blend together coconut oil, eggs and honey
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until a nice dough forms
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to ¾ inches thick
- Dust dough with extra almond flour if it is sticky and/or misbehaving
- Cut the dough into biscuits using a mason jar with a 2 ½-inch wide mouth
- Using a spatula, transfer biscuits to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until biscuits are browned on the bottom edges
- Serve with gravy, jelly or whatever else your heart desires
Makes about 7 biscuits
Here are some more gluten free biscuit recipes you might like:
-Biscuits (gluten free, egg free, dairy free) from Ellen from I Am Gluten Free
-Sweet Potato Biscuits by Karina from Gluten-Free Goddess
-Biscuits (egg-free, gluten-free, casein-free) by Kelly from The Spunky Coconut
To help you with your biscuit making adventures I’m giving away a 5lb bag of blanched almond flour from Honeyville! To enter leave a comment below. Everyone everywhere is eligible and I will pick the winner at random. This contest will end at midnight on November 21st, 2010.
Update: this giveaway is now over and the winner was Jennifer Bussey!
Speaking of giveaways, below are a few friends who are giving away The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: -Totally Together Reviews (Leave a comment by 5pm PST on 11/15/2010)
-The Daily Meal (Upload a Thanksgiving recipe to TheDailyMeal.com by 11pm EST on 11/16/2010)
-Natural Solutions Magazine (Register for the Natural Solutions eNewsletter by 11:59pm MST on 11/30/2010) What better way to use your bag of blanched almond flour than with a free copy of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook!