Mother’s Day is coming up, and what better way to start Sunday than to prepare a batch of this healthy French toast made with my Paleo Bread dipped in a coconut milk-based batter. This Paleo brunch recipe is based on one called Bradley Inn Blueberry French Toast Casserole that I found in our local paper, the Daily Camera, in December 2007.
I suggest baking Paleo Bread the day before making this gluten-free French toast casserole; allow the Paleo Bread to cool overnight, then prepare this dish the next morning. Another tip –be sure to bake your Blueberry French Toast Casserole on the lower rack of the oven so that it cooks through evenly and the top does not burn.
Serve this Paleo French toast with dairy-free Coconut Whipped Cream. This dish travels well to a potluck.
- Place bread cubes and blueberries in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Pour egg mixture over bread and blueberries
- Bake at 350° on lower oven rack for 40-50 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow 15 minutes to set
You may have noticed that recently I’ve been using new photography techniques on my website. I’ve been studying the photography and food styling of my friend Kelly at The Spunky Coconut. This new technique is a little more about the composition than the food, very artful, and I find it quite attractive. Of course I’ll keep taking close up photographs as I have for the past 7 years –which style of food photography do you like best, close up, or overhead composition?
Here are some Paleo French toast recipes from other bloggers:
- Paleo French Toast from George at Civilized Caveman Cooking
- Banana Bread French Toast from Juli at paleOMG
- Paleo French Toast Apple Slices with Caramel Sauce from Carol at Ditch the Wheat
And here are dairy free Coconut Whipped Cream recipes from other bloggers: