Last weekend our friends Chris and Larry came over to sit out on our porch and read the Sunday New York Times with us while soaking in some good Colorado sunshine and we enjoyed these descendants of Heidi’s carrot, banana, date yumminess. Here it is for all of you.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
- In a food processor , combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl
- Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined
- Fold in carrots and walnuts
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
Yesterday, I was happy to find that The Philadelphia Inquirer included my own little gluten free cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook in an article called “Gluten-free but still tasty.” Way cool.
In Friday Freebie news, this week I am giving away a copy of a fabulous book written by the founder of Tropical Traditions, Brian Shilhavy. It is called Virgin Coconut Oil and was provided by the wonderful folks over at Tropical Traditions for this giveaway. Thanks Brian! Go ahead and leave a comment for your chance to win.
UPDATE: this giveaway has ended, the winner was Lauren
The winner of last week’s Friday Freebie, a Luminarc Baby Loaf Pan (Update: This loaf pan may have been discontinued since this giveaway. Stay tuned…) from the amazing Courtney at Benefit Your Life, is Lydia.