This high-protein chicken dinner (full of cauliflower and olives) is a wonderful Paleo one pot meal.
This hearty, grain-free, savory Paleo dinner dish is a hit with adults and teens alike in our house. I often serve it with a Spinach Salad for a filling, vegetable heavy dinner.
While we eat chicken once or twice per week, I also try to serve the boys (all 3 of them) steak each week as that is their favorite dinner. They are more than happy when I serve them grilled steak with a side of Mashed Cauliflower and Carrot Fries. For now though, back to chicken! Here’s our new favorite recipe.
Chicken with Cauliflower and Olives
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon (use a microplane zester)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel
- Spread thyme sprigs evenly in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
- Place chicken over thyme sprigs and scatter cauliflower around chicken
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, olives and garlic
- Pour lemon mixture over chicken and cauliflower
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight
- Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is well browned
This recipe was adapted from a Real Simple recipe as well as a food.com recipe. What is your favorite way to prepare chicken?
Here are some of my other favorite Paleo chicken recipes: