Deliciously tart cranberry sauce –naturally gluten free
Did you ever wonder how to make fresh cranberry sauce? You can add another recipe to your gluten free condiment repertoire by making this quick and easy recipe.
When I see fresh cranberries in the grocery store, I know fall is upon us. My boys love cranberry sauce and I have a special recipe that I make for them that includes ginger and dried apricots. Here it is…
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup dried apricots, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- ¼ teaspoon ginger zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pick through the cranberries, discarding the soft and rotten ones, wash the rest
- Place cranberries and water in pot, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the apricots and currants, simmer for five minutes
- Add agave, orange and ginger zest and simmer five minutes
Serve as a snack or over turkey!