The other day we had friends over and made tons of gluten free gingerbread men cookie. So many little hands rolling and cutting out dough. We decorated our gingerbread men with dried fruit and nuts. The kids even cut loose and made free form cookie shapes as well.
Gingerbread Men Cookies
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, ginger powder, cloves, salt and baking soda
- In a smaller bowl, mix together grapeseed oil, agave, vanilla, yacon, eggs and lemon zest
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Chill dough in freezer for 1-2 hours
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper to ¼ inch thick
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper, cut out cookies using a medium gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Decorate with nuts and dried fruit –we used pieces of lemon rind for the mouth
- Transfer with a spatula to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Cook at 350° for 15 minutes
- Cool and serve
Makes 36 gingerbread cookies
I have been working on this gluten free, dairy free gingerbread recipe for years. At last, I find myself sufficiently satisfied with the recipe and offer it to you for some Christmas cookie baking fun.