During the last month Gluten Free Orange Cake has received a lot of play. And it’s certainly not because this tasty dessert is on my site. Starbucks recently launched a classic Gluten Free Valencia Orange Cake to much fanfare from the gluten-free community.
“Elana – have you tried the new Starbucks Gluten Free Valencia Orange Cake? It’s a copycat of your recipe. in a muffin form with sliced almonds and an orange syrup on top. All in an individual wrapper. Truly fabulous! They should re-name it Elana’s Gluten Free Valencia Orange Cake! So nice to have a gluten free alternative at Starbucks.”
Homemade Starbucks Orange Cake
- Wash the oranges and boil them whole (peel and all) for 1 ½ hours, or until soft
- Place whole oranges (peel and all) in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Process in eggs, agave, almond flour, salt and baking soda until well blended
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch cake pan
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean
- Cool in the pan for 2 hours
I hope you enjoy this DIY version of Starbucks Gluten Free Valencia Orange Cake.