Mango, a wonderfully rich, sweet treat, full of nutritious prebiotic dietary fiber and antioxidants, is the perfect Paleo dessert.
Here’s how to cut a mango, because as the weather warms, I follow suit and warm weather fruits make their way into my shopping cart. Today I found gorgeous yellow mangos. I bought one and when I arrived home did the mango tango –a dance of slicing this slippery fruit.
- 1 mango
- Stand the mango on its end, with stem side down
- Slice the flat sides off the mango, without cutting into the pit
- Place half mango on a cutting board, flesh side up
- Without cutting through the skin, cut the mango with vertical lines
- Next, score mango with horizontal lines; leaving squares attached to the skin
- Turn the piece of fruit inside out and use a spoon to dislodge the cubes from the skin
- Repeat for the other half of the mango
I let the boys chew on the pit –a sweet and messy diversion for hungry little ones.