Kumquats are in season right now. What’s a kumquat you ask? Essentially it’s a citrus fruit that closely resembles an orange, though it is much smaller. If you want to know more about kumquats there is a great article over at the Cooking Light website.
Meanwhile, here’s a cozy holiday recipe for gluten free Kumquat Garlic Chicken. We’re having this tonight for the first night of Hanukkah, along with Squash Latkes and gluten free Matzo Ball Soup, of course.
1 whole chicken (2-3 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon celtic sea salt
1 head garlic
½ cup orange juice
½ cup water
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
8 ounces kumquats, unpeeled
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry
- Place the chicken breast side up in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, then rub with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Stuff the head of garlic into the cavity of the chicken along with a couple of kumquats
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, water, agave and arrowroot
- Pour the orange juice mixture into the baking dish around the chicken
- Place the kumquats in the dish
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes
- Lower heat to 375° and continue to roast the chicken until it is cooked through, about 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve
It’s Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook mania!
The amazing and talented Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking and author of Make It Fast, Cook It Slow did a wonderful holiday gift roundup post in support of fellow food bloggers, with nice reviews of cookbooks, including my gluten free cookbook. Thanks Stephanie! She is also giving away 2 copies of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook over at her other blog, Totally Together Reviews.
Diane from The W.H.O.L.E. Gang is also giving away 2 copies of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook on her blog, thewholegang.org. I was lucky enough to meet both Diane and Stephanie this fall at the Blogher Conference in San Francisco.
If you are in Boulder I’ll be doing a book signing at Barnes and Noble tomorrow, Saturday, December 12th.
I’ve also got a couple of television appearances on December 16th. One with Good Day Colorado at 8:15am (Mountain Time) and another right after that on Daybreak on the Deuce at 8:35am (Mountain Time). I’ll be talking about my cookbook and making gluten-free recipes live on the air for each of these shows!
- create a blog or Facebook post mentioning this giveaway
- in your post link back to The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook page (http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-almond-flour-cookbook/), if you like you can also add an almond flour recipe (of mine, yours, or someone else’s) to your post, but that’s entirely optional
- leave a comment below with a link to your blog post or Facebook page by January 11th so that I know you entered the contest! If you win, I’d be happy to sign your book
UPDATE: the big giveaway has ended, the winner was Liz
You might also enjoy: