You missed the Orange Ginger Chicken…
This Paleo/primal-friendly orange ginger chicken recipe is a great way to roast an entire chicken. The recipe is also child friendly –it is my younger sons all time favorite dinner.
My husband called and said he had to work late tonight. However, the boys and I were much too hungry to wait. So, before we ate, I snapped a photo of dinner and emailed it to him. I kept a plate warm in the oven, until he made it home.
Roasted Orange Ginger Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (2-3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange jam
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- (fresh orange, to garnish)
- Place chicken in a large 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Whisk zest, juice, agave, vinegar, jam, ginger, garlic and grapeseed oil together in a medium bowl and pour over chicken
- Marinate chicken in fridge for 3 hours
- Bake chicken at 350° for 1 hour, spooning sauce over chicken at 15 minute intervals
- Turn off oven and let chicken sit in oven for one half hour to set juices
- Transfer chicken to a platter and garnish with fresh orange slices; then serve
We had this orange glazed chicken with Oven Roasted Broccoli and smothered it in Cranberry Sauce and Gravy.