This Chocolate Ice Cream is perfect for summer’s end, which usually corresponds with the upcoming Labor Day holiday (stay tuned for a Healthy Labor Day Recipe Roundup post later this week!); the added spices warm up this vegan gluten free dessert for chilly Fall nights approaching.
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, ground
- pinch celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (if you don't want a super spicy ice cream, then just use a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon decaf espresso, ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk and agave to a boil
- Reduce immediately to a simmer, then remove from heat
- Mix in the chocolate, stirring constantly until chips are completely melted
- Cool mixture in pan on counter for 1 hour
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, cayenne, espresso and vanilla until thoroughly combined
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker , following directions per your machine
I have been looking through your Amazon store to see what kind of ice cream maker you recommend but I can’t find one. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
The ice cream maker I use seems to have been discontinued, so I cannot really recommend it. So, my question to everyone is what’s your favorite ice cream maker? If you could link to the product online that would be great! Thanks everyone!