These healthier mounds bars are a quick and easy homemade chocolate and coconut candy.
We will be making these yummy gluten free candy bars for Purim which is coming up this week. Of course, we also plan on making Hamantaschen as well, which is one of the boys’ fave treats.
These mounds bars are easy to make and rich with dark chocolate and a coconut filling consisting of shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave. My older son downed them and thought they were delicious. My younger son is not a chocolate lover, so these did not strike his fancy.
Mounds Candy Bars
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat; you can use a double boiler if you wish and temper the chocolate
- Using a small paint brush, coat the bottom and sides of a mounds candy mold
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave
- Remove mold from freezer
- Fill chocolate lined molds with coconut mixture
- Paint chocolate over coconut mixture to cover bars
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop mounds out of mold
Makes 9 mounds bars (depending on your candy mold)
One of my favorite blogs, Pinch My Salt recently posted Ideas for a Homemade Valentine’s Day and included a link back to my favorite Valentine’s Day recipes over here at elanaspantry.com. Thanks!
In book tour news, I will be appearing live on The Zoe Alexander Connection on Blog Talk Radio this Thursday at 11am (MST). We will have a call in period during the show; if you want to say hello, the call in number is (347) 843-4537. I’ll also be appearing on The Jeff Farias Show podcast
later that day on March 2nd at 6:30pm (MST).