These Paleo brownies are simply unbelievable- moist, chocolatey, and full of gluten-free goodness. They will knock the socks off of even the most die-hard gluten-full brownie lover. All of my taste testers said they could not believe these Paleo Brownies were not only gluten-free, but grain-free as well.
Sweetened with a mere seven dates in the entire batch of brownies, and a bit of stevia, these Paleo Brownies are also full of rich coconut oil and dark chocolate. And when I say “dark chocolate” I mean super dark chocolate –as in 100% cacao with no added sugar.
I tested this fudgey dairy-free dessert with two different brands of 100% chocolate, using Ghirardelli in some batches and Life Opening Chocolate in others; both worked equally well. Ghirardelli is cheaper, and Life Opening is organic.
- In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and baking soda
- Pulse in squares of dark chocolate until the texture of coarse sand
- Pulse in dates until the texture of coarse sand
- Pulse in eggs
- Pulse in coconut oil and stevia until mixture is smooth
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Mixture will be very thick, smooth with a spatula
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes
- Cool for 2 hours, then serve
Makes 16 brownies
Note: If you do not use recommended brand of stevia, brownies will have a bitter aftertaste.
When you make these brownies be sure that your dates are not hard and too dry or you will end up with a crumbly mess. Mine were beautifully moist which helped the batter come out perfectly. Don’t use dates that have been sitting around for months.
Brownies are one of my husband’s favorite desserts, so I make them quite often. He loves a chocolatey treat, and I love that he’s getting something sweet that isn’t processed junk food. You can check out all of the gluten-free, grain-free brownie recipes that I make for my hubby here. Some are even nut-free and vegan.
Here are some of my other favorite Paleo dessert recipes: