Have you been craving a healthy, yet decadent fluffy pie made with very little added sweetener and all Paleo ingredients? Maybe with an almond flour crust? I have, and I’m sharing my latest inspiration with you in two installments –first comes this easy-to-make Paleo Pie Crust. Next, in a few days, will be a dairy-free Banana Cream filling.
I love baking with almond flour, it’s gluten-free, grain-free and much higher in protein than other gluten-free flours. While I don’t eat almond flour on a daily basis, it’s absolutely wonderful for special occasion treats such as this Paleo Pie Crust.
- Place flour and salt in food processor and pulse briefly
- Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes
Makes 1 pie crust
This recipe is based on my Gluten Free Tart Crust Recipe. I took the time to retest it in a 9-inch pie dish to double check that it would work.
If you wish to use this almond flour pie crust for a pie that requires baking, simply do not pre-bake it. Load it up with your filling and bake according to the recipe of your choice, or until your pie is all the way cooked through. What do you think you’ll put in this Paleo Pie Crust? Fruit filling, cream filling, quiche –or something else altogether?
Here are some Paleo pie crust recipes from other bloggers:
- Almond Flour Pie Crust from Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate
- Paleo Pie Crust from Justin and Tara at Sustainable Baby Steps
- Paleo Vegan Pie Crust from Jane at Jane’s Healthy Kitchen