Peaches are in high season here in Colorado and we are making the most of it. This week I made a gluten free (of course), fruit sweetened, dairy free, vegan Peach Almond Ice Cream.
To increase the peach factor, I diced up more fresh peaches and mooshed them into the ice cream after it came out of the ice cream maker.
This is another recipe that is a bit more complicated than most, however, I found it to be well worth the effort. As I ate this Peach Almond Ice Cream, I was pleasantly surprised that so few (and such healthy) ingredients, could taste so good.
- Place soaked almonds and water in vitamix
- Blend on highest setting until smooth, about 1 minute, add a bit more water if blending is a challenge
- Remove almond mixture from Vitamix and strain through a strainer bag , discarding solids
- Place almond mixture in rinsed out Vitamix container, blend in peaches and dates on highest setting until smooth
- Blend in stevia, vanilla and lemon juice
- Place mixture in ice cream maker and process according to instructions
I decided to pair peaches with almonds since agriculturally speaking they are close cousins and have somewhat similar as well as complementary flavors.
I am busy having a lot of fun doing interviews and planning signings for my book, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, which is now out!
I just finished up a radio interview with the lovely Niki Guluchi of Page 2 Pantry, you can listen to the program below:
Last Friday, i announced the giveaway of my book and the winner of that Friday Freebie is Kandy.