These gluten free pecan shortbread cookies are a quick and easy high protein treat!
Gluten free cookies are very important to the newly diagnosed celiac. These gluten free shortbread cookies are made with high protein almond flour, a nutritious and satiating ingredient. This quick and easy shortbread recipe also makes great gluten free Christmas cookies.
These cookies are so good my friend Elizabeth tells me they’re addictive. Go ahead, bake these buttery treats and see for yourself.
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and pecans
- In a smaller bowl, mix together agave, butter and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Place dough in the center of a large piece of parchment paper and form into a large log approximately 2½ inches in diameter
- Place in freezer for one hour, until firm, unwrap and cut into ⅛ inch thick slices
- Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° until lightly golden, 7-10 minutes
- Cool and serve
Makes 24 cookies