Soup is good food. Especially healthy soup made with a mere five ingredients.
This quick and easy Roasted Cauliflower soup recipe is one that I found in a recent issue of Bon Appetit. Except their recipe had butter and heavy cream; I’ve de-Paula Deened this recipe so that it is the pure delicious essence of a vegetable without all kinds of unnecessary other ingredients and flavors.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Place whole head of cauliflower in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Rub cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Add ½ cup water to the dish
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 1 ½ hours, or until a knife cuts easily through the core
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool
- Coarsely chop and set aside
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes
- Add cauliflower and 4 cups water or stock
- Simmer until cauliflower is very soft, about 10 minutes
- In a vitamix puree in very small batches until smooth
- Transfer back to pot and bring to a simmer
Cauliflower is one of my favorite foods. A cruciferous vegetable, it is full of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds and healthy fiber.
Here are some other healthy cauliflower recipes:
Do like cauliflower? If so what are your favorite cauliflower recipes?