Soup is good food. Especially healthy soup made with a mere five ingredients.
This quick and easy Roasted Cauliflower soup recipe is one that I found in a recent issue of Bon Appetit. Except their recipe had butter and heavy cream; I’ve de-Paula Deened this recipe so that it is the pure delicious essence of a vegetable without all kinds of unnecessary other ingredients and flavors.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Place whole head of cauliflower in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Rub cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Add ½ cup water to the dish
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 1 ½ hours, or until a knife cuts easily through the core
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool
- Coarsely chop and set aside
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes
- Add cauliflower and 4 cups water or stock
- Simmer until cauliflower is very soft, about 10 minutes
- In a vitamix puree in very small batches until smooth
- Transfer back to pot and bring to a simmer
Cauliflower is one of my favorite foods. A cruciferous vegetable, it is full of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds and healthy fiber.
Here are some other healthy cauliflower recipes:
Do like cauliflower? If so what are your favorite cauliflower recipes?
comments are temporarily closed.
please visit my FAQ's to answer any frequently asked questions you might have, or head on over to Facebook or Twitter and join the conversation.