I met Silvana last year at Blogher Food and felt an instant connection with her. She is magnetic in a smart, sophisticated, New York kinda way, and I was more than happy to spend a full day at the conference sitting with her for every session and sharing breaks together chatting.
During the day, our stories unfolded, and we learned that in terms of our children, we have much in common. Silvana, the former editor-in-chief at Rachael Ray Everyday, began cooking gluten free after her son, Isiah, now 13 and big-time into basketball, was diagnosed as gluten intolerant. I too began my adventures into gluten free cooking when my son Jacob (now 12 ½, and into baseball big-time) was diagnosed with celiac disease.
The day I spent with Silvana was memorable and we have stayed in touch ever since. Needless to say, I have been meaning to cook something for you all from her gorgeous book, Cooking for Isaiah for some time now and this Chocolate Mousse Cloud Pie recipe a la Silvana is long overdue!
Of course, this is not the exact recipe from her book, for that you will need to go to Amazon.com and purchase this lovely tome of recipes with everything from Italian classics like Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Crumbs to fun fresh innovative dishes such as Tomato Black Bean Soup with Avocado Cream, to all sorts of amazing desserts like Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Doughnuts and Raspberry-Lemon Meringue Layer Cake.
Chocolate Mousse Cloud Pieprinter friendly
- In a small pot, melt chocolate over very low heat; remove from heat
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with agave for 1 minute with a hand blender
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a handheld blender until stiff peaks form
- Stir egg yolk mixture into pot of warm chocolate
- Mix chocolate and yolks until combined; mixture will be slightly thickened, shiny and beautiful
- Stir salt into chocolate mixture
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture
- Transfer mousse into cooled Pie Crust (page 79 The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours
I have to say, Silvana’s recipes are fun, fresh and easy and every time I open her book, I discover a new favorite. Thanks Silvana, for sharing all of your cooking and baking wisdom with us in your gorgeous book! For more recipes from Silvana, check out her blog, Silvana’s Kitchen.