Gluten-Free Cupcakes is truly a labor of love, as my boys were very involved in its conception and development –what child doesn’t love cupcakes? Jacob and Ethan my two sons, are now 12 and 11 respectively.
When my editor and I settled on a preliminary recipe list for the book, the first thing I did was print out two copies, one for each of the boys. They sat on the couch, read through the list, and then I queried them, “Which recipes do you like? Are there any that you want removed? Are we missing anything?”
My two little editors-in-chief, had quite a lot of feedback for me –Baseball Cupcakes easily made the cut. Then the concept of a cheesecake cupcake was added by Ethan, and a marble cupcake was added by Jacob. That’s just a highlight of our late night conversations –late night being before 9pm in our house, at least when it comes to children. Many a night after the boys were in bed, I was up baking cupcakes until 2 or 3 am.
Below is my recipe for Strawberry Cupcakes from Gluten-Free Cupcakes; it is one of Ethan’s favorites.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla extract. Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined, then fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Frost with Whipped Cream Frosting or Strawberry Meringue Frosting (pg.92) from Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Made with Almond and Coconut Flour, and serve
Here are some more gluten free dessert recipes that use strawberries that you might like:
-Strawberry & Mini Cupcake Kabobs from Kelly of The Spunky Coconut
-Strawberry Mousse (SCD & GFCF) from Zoe of Z’s Cup of Tea
-Chocolate Covered Berries from SunnyB of And Love It Too