Dates are an excellent source of energy and rich in B Vitamins.
Stuffed dates are as as sweet as candy, so of course, children like these treats. Adults enjoy the delicate blend of flavors.
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 20 large dates
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios, orange juice, orange zest and salt
- With a sharp knife, make a slit on one side of each date and remove the pit
- Push a teaspoon of pistachio paste into each date; gently squeeze closed so that filling spills over
Makes 20 stuffed dates
See for yourself, this dessert of Middle Eastern origin is quite tasty.