This past fall, the food editor of The Denver Post wrote an article on “addictive” food blogs called Join me as I jump into the blog. Not only was I surprised to find my blog in it, I was dumbfounded that Elana’s Pantry was mentioned in the same piece as Heidi Swanson’s 101 Cookbooks.
Swanson is everyone’s favorite food blogger. Her recipes are revolutionary; she always thinks out of the box when she whips up a dish. While I sometimes find her concoctions a bit too time consuming for someone with two boys underfoot, I am nevertheless, a big fan!
A couple months back, she posted a coconut chocolate pudding with curry. Given that I went dairy-free last year, I was intrigued by this recipe for chocolate pudding and used it as a basis for my own gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened chocolate pudding vegan recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- In a saucepan, heat coconut milk and salt over medium heat
- Sift the arrowroot powder into the pot, then whisk vigorously by hand or with a hand blender for 2 minutes
- Whisk in agave and vanilla
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes; add chocolate, stirring vigorously until melted
- Chill for half an hour, until cool
You might also enjoy: