These peanut butter cookies are gluten free, grain free and vegan to boot. I based them on Heidi’s Peanut Butter Cookie recipe over at 101 Cookbooks, one of my favorite websites. Though I did cut the amount of sweetener in half and make a couple of other changes.
I have been on a bit of a peanut butter kick lately. I didn’t eat peanut butter for a long time. I just didn’t feel great when I ate it, however, I’m feeling a lot stronger these days, so peanut butter is back. Last week I posted a recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies and next week I will be posting my Peanut Butter Protein Shake recipe.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a small bowl combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, agave, shortening and vanilla with a hand blender
- Blend dry ingredients into wet with hand blender until well combined
- Scoop dough 1 tablespoon at a time onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 6-12 minutes until golden around the edges
Makes 12 cookies
Some people don’t ever eat peanut butter; my friend Kelly, over at The Spunky Coconut uses sunflower butter in its place. I find that peanut butter and sunflower butter taste quite alike, so I think it might be worth your while to try out this substitution. I haven’t though, so I’m not sure if it will work in this recipe –please let me know if it does.
Here are some more yummy vegan recipes for bars and cookies you might like:
-Chewy Magic “Peanut Butter Middle” Cookies from Alexa of Lexie’s Test Kitchen
-Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Bars from Kelly of The Spunky Coconut
-Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Alisa of Alisa Cooks
You might also enjoy: