This amazing Paleo Cinnamon Bun Muffin recipe is the perfect shortcut for a healthy cinnamon roll and makes a delicious breakfast treat! One of my favorite readers Courtney recently suggested that I create a gluten free cinnamon roll recipe. She said it would be perfect for Christmas morning. Since we’re smack in the middle of Hanukkah that wasn’t something I had thought about. Thanks Courtney!
So, here’s my Paleo Cinnamon Bun Muffin recipe. I hope you all enjoy it during the holidays.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil or palm shortening
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or palm shortening
- To make the muffins, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- In a large bowl blend together oil, agave, eggs, and vanilla
- Blend dry ingredients into wet and scoop a scant ¼ cup at a time into lined muffin cups
- To make cinnamon topping, combine agave, cinnamon, and oil in a small bowl
- Spoon topping onto muffins
- Bake muffins for 8-12 minutes at 350°
- Cool muffins for 2 hours then frost with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
I am totally blown away by Stephanie’s blog, Totally Together Reviews; Stephanie recently blogged about the The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook and is doing a giveaway as well. Her post about my book has received well over 400 comments. Thanks Stephanie.
And in television news, I was on two shows today (demoing recipes from my gluten free cookbook) the first show was Good Day Colorado and the second, Daybreak on the Deuce. You can watch both appearances below.
Finally, to top these muffins off, stay tuned for my next post with my yummy gluten free Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.