Can’t get your family to eat their greens? Try this healthy, gluten free, soy free, Garlic Ginger Bok Choy recipe. This Asian veggie dish is delicious paired with the Sesame Salmon Burger recipe I posted last week.
This recipe is actually based on a recipe I found in Fine Cooking Magazine called Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Garlic, Ginger, and Scallions by Susie Middleton. I changed mine up a bit, eliminating the corn starch and chicken stock from it. I hope you like it as much as my hubby did when I made it for him.
- Slice bottoms off baby bok choy
- Slice bok choy into lengthwise strips ½-inch wide (like long noodles)
- In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, agave, sesame oil and arrowroot
- Make a paste-like slurry dissolving the arrowroot
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- When oil is hot, add bok choy and salt
- Cook, tossing frequently with metal tongs until slightly wilted
- Add scallions, ginger and garlic and stir constantly until fragrant
- Stir in sauce and quickly mix with vegetables, until thickened
- Serve right away, while hot
I had a huge book launch party here last weekend with 1,000 cupcakes (no joke). We’re still eating cupcakes over here today; you’d think I might be tired of them by now, however, no, it seems that one is not ever tired of cupcakes (or ice cream) for some reason. I haven’t had a chance to go through all the photos we took of the party; once I do I’ll post some for you all to see.
I’ll be doing a book signing on Wednesday, June 1st at the Boulder Bookstore. The event is free of charge (they’ve begun collecting a fee for book signings, however this event is exempt) and I will be bringing cupcakes for everyone to sample. Hope to see you there.
Here are some more gluten free Asian vegetable recipes you may like:
–Sweet Asian Sunflower Slaw from Alisa of Alisa Cooks
–Soy-Free Chinese Jicama Stir Fry from SeaMaiden of Book of Yum
–Sesame Crusted Tuna with Asian Vegetables from Diane of The WHOLE Gang