There’s nothing like baked fruit desserts in summer. With seasonal, fresh, luscious ingredients, this gluten free Apple Blackberry Crisp is the perfect healthy and scrumptious, warm weather delight. When finished off with a high protein almond flour topping, baked treats such as this are superfood in the form of dessert. Now what’s better than that?
Our summer started last Thursday when the boys finished school, and we are having an excellent time thus far. Our house has been the setting for lots of sleep overs, lunches, snacks and water balloon fights for the boys and all of their friends.
Today we’ve been deeply involved in preparing for the Mapleton Hill Rummage Sale which takes place this weekend. The boys plan to have an organic lemonade stand where they will sell high protein brownies, cookies and other treats, Saturday morning. Who knows, they might even be selling Apple Blackberry Crisp.
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (Gala, Braeburn or Honeycrisp)
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Place apples and blackberries in a large bowl
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, vanilla and arrowroot, tossing to incorporate all ingredients
- Place apple-blackberry mixture in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and set aside
- To make topping, in a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, oil and agave
- Crumble topping over apple-blackberry mixture
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350° for 60 to 75 minutes until fruit is juicy and bubbling
- Remove from oven and uncover
- If topping is browned, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- If topping is not yet browned place in oven uncovered for 5 minutes, or until browned
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are some more fruit dessert recipes you may like from other food bloggers:
-Irish Cream Gluten-Free Pear Crisp For Two from AndreAnna of Life as a Plate
-Peach Blueberry Cointreau Crisp from Lori of Gluten Free Best Friends Forever!
-Cashew Crème Pear Tart (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free*) from Alisa of Go Dairy Free
-Grilled Peaches with Ricotta Cheese from Alice of Savory Sweet Life