Hanukkah is a day away and that means only one thing: fried food! Lots of it. Yum. I love a good crispy latke, or just about anything fried for that matter.
Below is my favorite recipe for latkes. I have been making these gluten-free latkes for 5 plus years and my family still rejoices each Hanukkah when I serve them.
Butternut Squash Latkes
- In a large bowl make latke batter by mixing together squash, onion and eggs
- Use your hands to form batter into 3 inch patties
- In a large skillet, heat oil
- Fry patties on each side over medium heat until golden brown and crispy
- Remove latkes from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil
- Repeat Steps 2-4 until batter is used up
- Serve with applesauce, sour cream or yogurt
This gluten-free latke recipe is one of my all time favorite dishes. Sweet in flavor and fried to a crisp –what could be better?
You might also enjoy: