Today’s post is for of one of my favorite readers, ~M. She requested gluten free carrot cake a while back and I post it now in honor of her recent graduation. I find this to be the perfect time of year for carrot cake.
You may have noticed a new little feature on the sidebar of this website –in computer programming terms it is called the “democracy poll.” Basically it is a survey that allows you to vote for the dish you would most like to see me post. The current competition is between Chocolate Cupcakes, Mango Chicken and “Candy” Bars, which by the way are winning. Go ahead, stop by and cast your vote for the recipe you would most like to see up here.
Update: The poll is now closed and removed from the sidebar. Thanks to everyone who voted!
In other competition, my spring has been filled with baseball. As I have mentioned, I am coaching my son’s little league team and it is quite a hoot. We won again yesterday, though more importantly, the boys are playing as a team and have great spirit. It is somewhat amazing to see how focused 9 year olds can be and how supportive they are of each other. This coaching deal has been a real treat for me.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, agave and oil
- Stir carrots, raisins and walnuts into wet ingredients
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Place batter into 2 well greased, round 9-Inch cake pans
- Bake at 325° for 35 minutes
- Cool to room temperature and spread with coconut cream frosting
What occasions in your life call for a good carrot cake? And what memories does it bring back for you? Don’t be shy, let us in on it and leave a comment!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.