The New York Times blog, Bitten, just did a feature on chocolate cupcakes, which made me realize that a recipe for gluten free chocolate cupcakes is conspicuously lacking from this site. Well, I am happy to say that is no longer the case.
In my quest for the perfect gluten free chocolate cupcake, I made these 5 times. Today. Luckily, my boys and their glutenoid friends happily scarfed the “failures.” Here, I share with you my success.
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup grapeseed oil
½ cup agave nectar
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil and agave
- Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and scoop a scant ¼ cup into each
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes
- Cool and cover with vegan “buttercream” chocolate frosting
I hope you like these cupcakes as much as my family and I do. If you are looking for gluten-free sprinkles (which the boys eat, I do not), then check out this source.
comments are temporarily closed.
please visit my FAQ's to answer any frequently asked questions you might have, or head on over to Facebook or Twitter and join the conversation.