Who doesn’t enjoy a good power bar? One that is easy to travel with and renders a healthy snack on the go?
These gluten free Espresso Power Bars have a delicious espresso-chocolate-vanilla-ish flavor that makes them equally satisfying as a snack or dessert. I found mine were just a tad crumbly, you may need to add a dash of water to help yours hold together well.
Chocolate Espresso Power Bars
- Blend pecans, cacao and espresso in food processor until finely ground
- Add pitted dates and process until blended into dry ingredients
- Process in vanilla, stevia and agave until well combined
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, add a little water if your batter is crumbly when handling
- Freeze for 2 hours, then cut into squares
I will be heading up to the mountains tomorrow to appear on Good Morning Vail (television show at 9:40am MST) where I will chat with Tricia Swenson and demo two gluten free recipes from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook (Smoked Salmon Leek Tart and Chocolate Chip Cookies).
Later that evening you can find me at The Bookworm in Edwards, Colorado at 6pm. I will be holding a book discussion and signing from 6-8pm. Tickets are $25, which includes wine and gluten free appetizers from my book. Proceeds benefit the Gore Range Natural Science School.
You might also enjoy: