Who doesn’t enjoy a good power bar? One that is easy to travel with and renders a healthy snack on the go?
These gluten free Espresso Power Bars have a delicious espresso-chocolate-vanilla-ish flavor that makes them equally satisfying as a snack or dessert. I found mine were just a tad crumbly, you may need to add a dash of water to help yours hold together well.
Chocolate Espresso Power Bars
- Blend pecans, cacao and espresso in food processor until finely ground
- Add pitted dates and process until blended into dry ingredients
- Process in vanilla, stevia and agave until well combined
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, add a little water if your batter is crumbly when handling
- Freeze for 2 hours, then cut into squares
I will be heading up to the mountains tomorrow to appear on Good Morning Vail (television show at 9:40am MST) where I will chat with Tricia Swenson and demo two gluten free recipes from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook (Smoked Salmon Leek Tart and Chocolate Chip Cookies).
Later that evening you can find me at The Bookworm in Edwards, Colorado at 6pm. I will be holding a book discussion and signing from 6-8pm. Tickets are $25, which includes wine and gluten free appetizers from my book. Proceeds benefit the Gore Range Natural Science School.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.