This recipe for dairy-free Chocolate Pots de Creme is based on an award winning recipe by one of my favorite bloggers, Michelle of Nom Nom Paleo. Michelle is an amazing person and chef, and both she and her recipes are beloved and admired in the Paleo community.
While the name “pot de creme” is quite fancy, don’t be intimidated. This recipe is easy to make with only 5 ingredients –dark chocolate, coconut milk, egg yolk, stevia and salt, and is so creamy it melts in your mouth. My husband inhaled these and the boys enjoyed them too, in spite of their aversion to dark chocolate.
- Place coconut milk in a medium saucepan
- Stir in egg yolks, stevia, and salt
- Heat over medium-heat 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove saucepan from heat
- Transfer mixture to vitamix, and add chocolate
- Blend on high for 30 seconds
- Transfer scant ½ cup of mixture into 4 ramekins
- Refrigerate overnight or for 8 hours
Makes 4 pots de creme
I like this Paleo dessert because it relies on stevia as its primary sweetener and does not have any added honey. Serve this dairy-free dessert after dinner or at the end of a family brunch.
Here are some Pots de Creme recipes from other bloggers:
- Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme from Michelle at Nom Nom Paleo
- Easy Dark Chocolate Pots de Creme from Lisa at Cook Eat Paleo
- Bittersweet Chocolate Pots de Creme from Katie at Quarry Spoon
You might also enjoy: