Valentine’s Day is approaching, which means lots of bad candy and useless merchandise will be sold in the next week or so. Over here, we’re having fun making our own (healthier) candy –especially these Chocolate Raspberry Bonbons.
My boys made an entire batch of these sweet confections last night and had a great time. They love taking over my candy projects, the little rascals! I like making these too. Using a small paint brush to spread the melted chocolate into the molds somehow reminds me of painting in kindergarten –where there were no mistakes.
¾ cup chocolate chunks
¼ cup raspberry jam
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat; you can use a double boiler if you wish and temper the chocolate
- Using a small paint brush, coat the bottom and sides of a candy mold
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
- Remove mold from freezer
- Spoon a scant teaspoon of raspberry jam into each chocolate lined candy mold cup
- Paint chocolate over raspberry jam to cover and make final layer
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop candies out of mold