I’ve been on a gluten free Hamantaschen rampage the last few days and these are my latest and greatest. I’ll be serving them at today’s Purim party for my younger son’s Chavurah. We’re having 7 families over in a little while to celebrate Purim and the story of Esther.
I hope you all enjoy these gluten free Chocolate Raspberry Hamantaschen!
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, cacao powder, and salt
- In a smaller bowl add agave nectar or honey
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Press each ball flat with palm of hand until dough is round and about ¼ inch thick
- Scoop ½ teaspoon of jam into center of each dough circle
- Fold dough in to create 3 sides, pinching each of the 3 corners to form a triangle shaped cookie
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes until cookies are golden brown around the edges
Makes 30 Hamantaschen
Recipe updated 3/21/2011
It’s party time over here, so I’m signing off. Stay tuned for more yummy gluten free, dairy free, higher protein Hamantaschen recipes in the days to come.