Thanks everyone for your cupcake suggestions. The idea for these gluten free Coconut Key Lime Cupcakes came from comments left by sas and laura in my Jelly Donut Cupcake post –the post that launched my own personal month of cupcakes.
These gluten free cupcakes were a real winner with my children. Whenever I get out the icing bag, they go bonkers and yesterday was no different. I had to hold them back when they arrived home from school, so that I could get a couple of these cupcakes frosted the way I wanted for a quick photo shoot. Once I put down the icing bag, my younger son set to work on icing the rest of the batch. He did a great job and had a good time while my older son ate them. Cupcake fun was had by all.
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup agave nectar or honey
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a small bowl blend eggs, coconut oil and agave nectar with a hand blender
- Pulse in coconut flour, salt, baking soda and shredded coconut
- Allow batter to sit and thicken just a bit
- Line a cupcake tin with paper lined
- Spoon ¼ cup cupcake batter into each cupcake liner
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes
- Frost with Key Lime Icing and serve
These cupcakes are the perfect Mother’s Day dessert. For more Mother’s Day recipes, see my post from last year which includes a full gluten free brunch menu. You can also check out my video below for how to make mini-blueberry muffins, which we’ll be making for Mother’s Day this year. You can also find some yummy gluten free brunch recipes in my book, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook –we’ll be making either the Salmon Leek Tart or the Savory Vegetable Quiche from there.
Lastly, to celebrate Mothers Day Honeyville is giving 10% off your entire order through Tuesday, May 11 until 7:00pm (MST). Enter the coupon code “MOTHER” during checkout to apply the discount.
You might also enjoy: