Every newly diagnosed celiac wants a good gluten free cookie recipe. This recipe for chocolate biscotti with cranberries is made with high protein almond flour which is a Paleo/primal friendly ingredient and very nutritious. Quick and easy to make this biscotti recipe is perfect with a cup of tea for a dessert or snack.
My friend Aimee was here the other day and I gave her one of these biscotti fresh out of the oven. She is not on a gluten-free foods diet, so I was concerned she might not be as enthusiastic about them as my family is.
I asked her how the biscotti tasted and she replied, “this is one of the best things I’ve ever eaten!” She’s more of the quiet and understated type, so her feedback meant a lot to me.
Cranberry Chocolate Biscotti
- In a large bowl combine agave, eggs and vanilla and blend with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl, stir together almond flour, salt and baking soda
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined then fold in chocolate, cranberries and chopped pecans
- Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and form a log about 12 inches long and 3 inches wide
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes
- Transfer log to a cutting board and cut into ½ inch slices on the diagonal
- Place the biscotti on the parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, turn slices over and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, let cool until crunchy about 20 minutes and serve
Makes 24 biscotti