These vegan, gluten free Cranberry Orange Biscotti are delicious with a cup of tea or after dinner as a light (or lite) treat.
My younger son thinks these are delicious and packed some in his lunch last night for today…the last day of school. Summer. Hooray! The boys are very happy to be free. And play lots of baseball this summer. I’m looking forward to taking them to the pool and splashing around with them and their friends.
Cranberry Orange Biscotti
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined
- Pulse in agave nectar and orange zest until the dough forms a ball
- Remove dough from food processor and work in cranberries and pistachios with your hands
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
- Cut the logs into ½ inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy
Makes 12 baby biscotti
As I recently mentioned on Facebook, I was making a delicious Asian dinner the other night (Chicken Wraps with Tangy Peanut Sauce -stay tuned for that). I went out to the front yard to pick some cilantro…and harvested an advance copy of my cookbook from the UPS man.
And while I won’t be making any videos like this one, I think it looks beautiful. Ok, I know I’m biased, however, let’s just say, I’m very happy with it. My publisher, Ten Speed Press did a fabulous job and so many thanks go to them.
For frequent updates and bits of news about what’s cooking in my kitchen, come on over and friend me on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: