These Double Chocolate Mocha Biscotti are vegan and gluten-free. Because eggs are a main component of biscotti, I haven’t seen a lot, if any vegan recipes, for this type of cookie. My favorite thing about these gluten-free biscotti, however, is how simple they are to make. Just throw everything in the food processor and you’re already halfway there.
2 ¼ cups blanched almond flour
¼ cup cacao powder
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon organic decaf coffee, espresso grind
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup agave nectar or honey
½ cup chocolate chunks
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, cacao powder, arrowroot powder, ground coffee, salt and baking soda
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined
- Pulse in agave nectar until the dough forms a ball
- Remove dough from food processor and work in dark chocolate with your hands
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes, then remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
- Cut the logs into ½ inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy
I want to give a hearty thank you to all of my readers! It’s so important to me to provide a space where people can be themselves and honestly share their opinions, even if they differ completely from mine. In all of my relationships I consider honesty the highest form of regard and respect. Of course, it’s always a bonus when a person communicates in a compassionate way (and somewhat easier to connect to the person) however, I still consider honesty the first priority.
I love writing healthy, organic, gluten-free recipes and it’s a very nice bonus to hear that so many people are enjoying them, benefiting from them and finding them useful. Thanks again to my wonderful readers!
You might also enjoy: