I was working my way through the Cook’s Illustrated website the other night and came across an amazing recipe for Triple Chocolate Espresso Brownies. As soon as I laid eyes on that recipe I knew I had to create a high protein, gluten free version. While my husband enjoys all of my gluten free chocolate recipes, this is his fave. He even left a special love note on the fridge for me late last night after sampling them.
Of course this is also a dairy free recipe for those of you who are learning how to cook without dairy; and has no agave in it for those avoiding agave. If you wish to try out other permutations to accommodate your individual needs, feel free to do so; just be sure to leave a comment and let us know if your substitutions worked!
Espresso Fudge Brownies
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat
- Add shortening and stir until completely dissolved
- Stir in ground espresso and remove from heat
- Blend in eggs, palm sugar, vanilla and salt to mixture in pan using a handheld mixer
- Blend in almond flour and coconut flour
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
Here are some more gluten free brownie recipes from other food bloggers:
-Hazelnut Brownies from Lexie of Lexie’s Kitchen
-Gluten-Free Coffee Cranberry Pistachio Brownies from Melissa of Gluten Free For Good
-Rockbrook Espresso Brownies from Lori of Gluten Free Best Friends Forever!
comments are temporarily closed.
please visit my FAQ's to answer any frequently asked questions you might have, or head on over to Facebook or Twitter and join the conversation.