It seems that Fennel Apple Soup is on everyone’s radar these days. And what better time than now?! It’s perfect soup weather here in Boulder –a toasty -2 outside, which begs for soup.
Gluten free Fennel Apple Soup has been popping up everywhere –on various gluten free yahoo groups and in various magazines. Here’s my version.
Fennel Apple Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- Sauté onion over low or medium heat for 10-15 minutes until soft and almost browned
- Add fennel and apples and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften or brown
- Add chicken stock and thyme
- Puree soup in small batches (for safety purposes) in a vitamix until smooth and creamy
- Reheat soup and serve
In book news, my gluten free cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook was listed in the latest issue of Publisher’s Weekly. And I have several media events coming up before the holidays. A radio interview on Epicurean Corner, a TV appearance on Good Day Colorado and another TV appearance on Daybreak on the Deuce. I will provide air dates and times for all of the above later this week.
Finally, Greg Mowery of stovetopreadings.blogspot.com reviewed The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook, saying, “Amsterdam offers a fine group of tasty desserts such as Classic Carrot Cake, Choclate Velvet Torte, Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti, Pear Crisp and Pecan Pie.” Thanks Greg, I hope you have a lot of fun with these recipes and all of the others in my book!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.