During this time of year I make gravy on a weekly basis. When the cold, damp weather sets in, rich, warm, gravy makes for a delicious comfort food smothered over roasted chicken or turkey.
- In a medium saucepan bring stock, gizzards, onions and garlic to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until onions are soft
- Add drippings from roasting pan, simmer 5 minutes
- Strain out solids and transfer broth, onion and garlic to a vitamix; dispose of gizzards
- Puree on low, then work up to high speed, blending until mixture is smooth
- Transfer mixture to a skillet and reheat gravy until boiling
- Meanwhile, in a small dish, mix kudzu with ¼ cup water, stirring until completely dissolved
- Stir kudzu into gravy until thoroughly combined and gravy begins to thicken, reduce heat
- Simmer gravy and reduce to desired thickness, anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes; add salt
This simple gluten free, grain free and dairy free gravy turns a mere meal into a Thanksgiving feast.
You might also enjoy: