I’ve been laying low since Thanksgiving, cleaning my house with abandon, giving away everything the boys and I don’t use. That said, in between sorting stuff and testing desserts for the upcoming holidays, I’ve been relying on some staple seasonal vegetable dishes to take me through the dark season.
This is an easy, family favorite. Just steam the kale and sprinkle with gomasio.
1 bunch kale
2 cups sesame seeds
1 tablespoon celtic sea salt
- Rinse the kale, slice into ribbons and steam over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until bright green; uncover after cooking and leave in pot to maintain warmth
- Place sesame seeds in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Roast for 10 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until seeds turn golden brown
- Place sesame seeds and salt in a suribachi or mortar and pestle and grind them into a coarse meal
- When cooled, transfer to a glass container
- Place kale in a serving dish and sprinkle with gomasio
This savory gluten-free vegetable dish is perfect for a cozy winter meal.
You might also enjoy: