The idea for these delicious gluten free Lemon Poppy Seed Bunny Cookies for Easter came from Gluten Free Foodie Heaven and her Lemon Poppy Seed Bunnies recipe. Even though we don’t celebrate Easter, I thought they were very cute and springlike and had to make some of my own with the usual favorite ingredients that I keep on hand.
1 ¾ cup blanched almond flour
pinch celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest (packed)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl combine almond flour and salt
- In a smaller bowl combine oil, agave, vanilla and lemon zest
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, then work in poppy seeds
- roll dough out to ¼ inch thick
- Cut out little bunnies with a bunny cookie cutter
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown around the edges
I also want to mention that The Gluten Free Cooking Expo in Chicago is on April 17th & 18th. Registration is filling up fast so If you are interested head on over to gfreelife.com to sign up.
You might also enjoy: