You can whip up this primal-friendly chocolate Mocha Mousse in just a few minutes. All you need is a food processor and the gluten free, dairy free ingredients below.
I plan on serving this Mocha Mousse in little ramekins to our New Year’s Day guests. As always we will have an assortment of people with a variety of food allergies and food restrictions. For those that cannot have eggs I will be serving my Vegan Nut Free Gluten Free Brownies. For those that cannot have chocolate, I will make Gingersnaps. I will be sure to have something for everyone at our little New Year’s Day dessert gathering.
Here’s to a wonderful 2012 for everyone, filled with fun, food and good health!
- Pulse eggs in food processor for 3 minutes until fluffy
- Pulse in chocolate chips for 2 minutes, until well ground
- Pulse in shortening, espresso, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut sugar
- Then process for another minute
- Mixture will be consistency of mousse
- Spoon into 4 small ramekins or dessert cups and serve
Caution: this recipe uses raw eggs; do not consume if you have a weakened immune system or cannot tolerate raw eggs.
A call to all the Paleo experts out there. Would you eat this mousse?
Do you think it’s a Paleo dessert, or is that term an oxymoron? How do you define Paleo and what are your Paleo health goals for 2012? Leave a comment and let us know!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.