These Nacho Cheese Triangles are the perfect healthy gluten free Super Bowl snack to quiet the hunger of your rowdy guests come the big game. Full of high protein almond flour, egg, cheese and spices, no one will guess that they are gluten free.
Better yet? You can serve them to Steelers and Packers fans alike. Who do you want to win? And more important, what will you be serving for Super Bowl XLV?
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
(1) 8 ounce bar cheddar cheese, grated
1 (large) egg
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda, chipotle, chili and cheese
- In a smaller bowl whisk egg
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Knead dough with hands if necessary to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
- Form dough into a large circle about ⅔-inch thick
- Cut dough like a pizza, into 16 slices, here’s a great “how to” shot from my friend Jen
- Using a metal baking spatula transfer triangles to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes
- Serve with Savory Avocado Spread or your favorite dip
I hope you enjoy these healthy gluten free savory scone style treats as much as my younger son does!
One of my favorite sites is Apartment Therapy and I love their blog The Kitchn. So, I’m honored to have been featured on thekitchn.com in several of posts of late including 10 Inspiring Blogs for Food and Gluten Free Cooking, 10 Vegan Breakfast Ideas, and Cake Pops, as well as others.
The Kitchn also did a post featuring my chocolate cake from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. Thanks Apartment Therapy! And by the way, I love your book Apartment Therapy’s Big Book of Small Spaces by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan. And your other books too!
You might also enjoy: