This healthier gluten free potato salad is perfect for picnics and barbecues. Replacing potato with cauliflower is a trick that I learned from the “low-carbers.” And it is a good one!
In the winter, I often make mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes. Now, in spring, it is wonderful to have this no potato salad made from cauliflower. We’ll be having it tonight with grilled turkey burgers and green salad from our garden.
1 head cauliflower
2 stalks celery, diced
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 3-4 tablespoons)
1 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Chop cauliflower into small florets (½ inch)
- Steam cauliflower on the stove until fork-tender, not more or a stronger “cauliflower” smell develops
- Allow cauliflower to cool then place in a large bowl
- Add celery, onion, parsley and egg
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard and salt
Several people have contacted me recently about elana’s pantry shopping bags and other merchandise. If that is something you are looking for you can purchase it at cafepress.com/elanaspantry.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.