It really is Joy the Baker’s fault. I have been baking scones every day since I read her post for Orange and Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Scones. I knew I would have to make my own gluten free version. So I did. And it’s scone mania over here. It’s gotten so bad that last weekend I made 5 batches of scones. All gluten free of course.
Joy, I wish I was your gluten free neighbor. And by the way, I do not have a dog, nor do I play loud 90′s music. And I’m not shy, well, that’s not entirely true; I am shy in groups. But not one-on-one, and I would definitely say, “hi,” if I was your neighbor. And I’d most certainly bring you a batch of these gluten free Orange Chocolate Scones. If I was your neighbor.
Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Scones
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, chips and zest
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg and agave
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Knead dough with hands if necessary to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
- Form dough into a circle that is about ½-inch in thick
- Cut dough like a pizza, into 8 slices, here’s a great how-to shot from my friend Jen
- Using a metal baking spatula transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes
I hope you all enjoy these healthy gluten free scones as much as my family and I have!
My friend Tia did a wonderful review of my The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook on her site, Glügle Gluten-Free. She’s also giving away one copy of my book, as well as a 5 pound bag of blanched almond flour from Honeyville, so check it out!
Here are some other gluten free scone recipes you might enjoy:
-Gluten Free Vegan Coconut Date Cardamon Scone Recipe from Book of Yum
-Honey Chai Scones from GF/BFF (Gluten-Free Best Friends Forever)
-Sweet Vanilla Blueberry Scones from Ginger Lemon Girl
comments are temporarily closed.
please visit my FAQ's to answer any frequently asked questions you might have, or head on over to Facebook or Twitter and join the conversation.