This is not your typical Date Walnut Bread, this is Paleo Date Walnut Bread. This bread is purely fruit sweetened, and has no honey, maple syrup, agave or other processed sweeteners. Because of this, the bread is not as sweet, or dessert-like as other breads of mine such as Cranberry Walnut Bread.
During the last year, I’ve worked on lowering the amount of sweeteners in my recipes, and this bread is a prime example of that.
This gluten-free, grain-free bread is heavier and more bread-like than my dessert breads which are light, fluffy, and cake-like. It’s perfect for breakfast with a shmear of coconut oil.
Paleo Date Walnut Bread
- In a food processor, pulse together almond flour and coconut flour
- Pulse in salt and baking soda
- Pulse in dates until mixture is the texture of coarse sand
- Pulse in eggs and apple cider vinegar
- Very briefly pulse in walnuts
- Transfer batter to a mini loaf pan
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes
- Cool bread in pan for 2 hours before removing
Makes 1 mini-loaf
Here are my other favorite bread recipes that fall into the Paleo category:
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.