While the boys were on break during the holidays we got really into kale. My older one prefers his steamed and tops it with ume plum vinegar and toasted sesame oil. The little one, however, joins us in eating my raw kale concoctions.
These raw salads are super healthy, crunchy and quite delicious. We are hooked on them.
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
1 orange, peeled and sliced
- Chop the kale into thin ribbons (almost like a chiffonade)
- Drizzle the kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Massage the kale with your hands to soften it, then allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, onion and orange
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes
I have made a different kale salad every night for a while now, so there could be a forthcoming kale salad series. Stay tuned.
On another note, I’ve added a section to the bottom of my sidebar called “Elana Recommends”. It’s a collection of useful links to articles and websites that I would like to share with you. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy: