The sweet, smoky taste of the sauce (which simply uses the above soup) along with healthy spinach and salted salmon, results in a sophisticated entree that is not too challenging to make –a lovely dish that will wow your guests.
Thanks for all of your votes in the first round of Pacific Foods Everyday Chef Challenge! Because of you, I won that round, and healthy, high protein, gluten free has even more exposure in the mainstream. I especially want to thank Chris James of Celiac Handbook for tirelessly spreading the word about the contest on Twitter and Facebook.
The dish below is my entry for round 2 of the Pacific Foods Everyday Chef Challenge. Please head on over if you have a minute and vote for your favorite recipe. Same rules apply as last time, you can vote every 24 hours until the contest is over one week from today, on Wednesday, October 6th.
Roasted Red Pepper Salmon with Spinachprinter friendly
4 (4 ounce) salmon filets, skin on
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
5 ounces of baby spinach
- Pour Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup into a medium saucepan
- Reduce over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 10-20 minutes until thickens and only 1 cup remains
- Set sauce aside
- Turn oven on to 500°
- Leave the skin on the fish; rinse and pat dry with paper towel
- Place fish skin side down on a metal baking sheet
- Rub fillets liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt
- Once oven temperature has reached 500°, reduce to 275°, then immediately put sheet with salmon on lowest rack
- Roast salmon 8 to 13 minutes; 2 to 3 minutes before salmon is done add all the spinach to baking sheet in oven to wilt
Assembling the Dish
- When the salmon/spinach is done, place ¼ cup of the red pepper tomato sauce in the center of each plate
- Place salmon on top of sauce, then distribute spinach around the salmon and sauce
The winner of the Pacific Foods giveaway for a case of Broths and Soups is Amy Cazier! We’ve got some big giveaways coming to Elana’s Pantry this fall and winter. Stay tuned by signing up for email updates or following me on Facebook or Twitter :-)
* Disclosure: I am working with Pacific Natural Foods as a participant in this promotion and have received a stipend
You might also enjoy: